- Name: Inoculant
- Model: RE-FeSi,FeSi,FeSiZr,Ca-Si-Ba
- Size: 1-3mm, 3-8mm, 10-50mm,10-100mm, Others
- Shape: Powder, Grain, Lumps
- Usage: Deoxidizer, Inoculant, Casting, Foundry
Inoculant, also called inoculanting agent, is an additive for metallurgy industry. Inoculant can promote graphitization, reduce the tendency of white mouth, improve the shape and distribution of graphite and increase the number of eutectic groiups and refine the matrix structure with good effect in a short time (about 5-8minutes) after the incubation process. Inoculant is mainly used in gray cast iron and ductile iron in various situations.
There are several types of inoculant: ferrosilicon grains, rare-earth ferrosilicon, calcium-barium ferrosilicon, and ferrosilicon zirconium. When put into liquid steel, they helps the carbon content to be spheroidized, make cast iron product better quality.
To some extent, the mechanical properties of gray cast iron depend on its micro-structure. Without inoculation treatment, micro-structure is unstable, the mechanical properties are low and the thin wall of the casting is prone to white mouth for gray cast iron. In order to ensure the consistency of the casting quality, it is essential to inoculation process for gray cast iron. Choose high quality inoculant supplier, Anyang Huatuo Metallurgy Co.,LTD is your first choice. Welcome to browse our website: www.sialloy.comApplications of Inoculant:
1. Achieves excellent Chill Reduction.
2. Improves Mechanical Properties.
3. Excellent Fading Resistance.
4. Ideal for thick castings, where solidification times are long.