practical applications of microsilica fume
The microsilica fume can fill the pores between the cement particles and form a gel with the hydration production simultaneously as well as react with the alkaline material magnesia to form a gel. In cement based concrete, mortar and refractory castables, the addition of an appropriate amount of silica fume in cement can play the following roles as following:
- Microsilica fume significantly improve pressure resistance, flexural resistance, impermeability, corrosion resistance, impact resistance and wear resistance;
- Microsilica fume has the functions of retaining water, preventing segregation, bleeding and greatly reducing the pumping resistance;
- Microsilica fume significantly extend the life of the crucible. In particular, in harsh environments such as chloride salt pollution, sulfate attack, high humidity and the durability of tantalum, silica fume can be doubled or even multiplied;
- Silica fume can greatly reduce the floor ash of the spray raft and the castable as well as increase the thickness of the single spray layer;
- Microsilica powder is an essential component of high strength bismuth and has been used in engineering applications of C150;
- Silica fume is with about 5 times the efficiency of the cement. It can be used in common concrete and low cement castables to reduce costs and improve durability;
- Silica fume can effectively prevent the occurrence of strontium aggregate reaction.
- It can improve the compactness of the cast refractory.
- It has a strong volcanic ash effect. When mixing concrete, it can react with the cement hydration product Ca(OH)2 to form a gelation production, fill the cement stone structure, improve the micro structure of the slurry and improve the hardened body as well as mechanical properties and durability.
- Microsilica powder is an amorphous spherical particle that can improve the rheological properties of concrete;
- Microsilica powder has a relatively small average particle size and a good filling effect. It can be filled between the gaps of the cement particles to improve the strength and durability of the concrete.
High-quality microsilica fume is mainly used as high-performance refractory castables, prefabricated parts, steel-clad materials, permeable bricks, self-flowing refractory castables and dry and wet spray materials. In the field of high temperature ceramics, such as oxide combined with silicon carbide products, high temperature type calcium silicate lightweight insulation materials, electromagnetic kiln with corundum mullite push plates, high temperature wear resistant materials and products, corundum and ceramic products, Sailong combination products such as microsilica have high fluidity, low water storage capacity, high density and high strength.