Graphite and Coal Recarburizer
The quality of different recarburizers is not the same. For example, there are graphite recarburizers and coal recarburizers. They differ in basic characteristics, absorption rate, price, advantages and disadvantages, although they are different. It is not very big, but if it is not applied well, it will also affect their carbon increasing effect.
1. The raw materials of the two carburizing agents are different: the graphite carburizing agent is made of artificial graphite that has been graphitized at 2830 degrees, and the coal-based carburizing agent is made of anthracite.
2. The basic characteristics of the two types of recarburizers are different: graphite recarburizers have the advantages of low sulfur, low nitrogen, low phosphorus, high temperature resistance, and good electrical conductivity. Quality carburizing agent can not achieve the desired carburizing effect.
3. The absorption rate of the carbon recarburizer is different: the absorption rate of the graphite recarburizer is above 90%, and the absorption rate of the coal is basically about 70%. This is why the graphite recarburizer with a low fixed carbon content can also be used Reason for request.
4. Carbon recarburizers are also different in price: Graphite recarburizers are slightly more expensive than coal-based recarburizers, but the overall use cost is much lower.
5. The shape is not the same: graphite carburizing agent is a kind of shiny cylinder, coal is block-like particles.
6. The melting point of the graphite recarburizer is lower on the steel, and the temperature of steelmaking is higher, so the graphite recarburizer burns badly, but the absorption rate is not high. Coal-based carbon recarburizer has a high melting point. Although the absorption rate is low, it does not burn. It is not worse than graphite. The price gap is large. The amount of steel mills is generally large. From the perspective of cost, it cannot be accepted.
7. Graphite recarburizer is suitable for spheroidal graphite cast iron with strict requirements on sulfur, high fixed carbon content and good absorption rate. It is especially suitable for intermediate frequency furnaces from half ton to 12 tons.
8. Products made with coal-based recarburizers are not only less powerful than graphite recarburizers, but also have a higher sulfur content, making them less productive.