why need to add micro silica in concrete
Micro silica is very important in concrete production. Then why need to add micro silica in concrete? Anyang Huatuo Metallurgy will enjoy the knowledge depending on micro silica uses.
- Micro silica powder is used to make high strength concrete(above C70), which significantly improves the strength and pumping performance of concrete;
- Microsilica is used to manufacturer of high impermeability (≥ P30), structural self-waterproof concrete, which is used in the basement of subways, tunnels and high-rise buildings;
- Micro silica has reasonable particle size distribution, strong compactness, high hardness and good wear resistance, which can greatly improve the tensile, compressive, impact strength and wear resistance of the cured product and the anti-wearing ability can be improved by 0.5-2.5 times.
- Micro silica powder can increase thermal conductivity, change adhesion and increase flame retardancy.
- The micro silicon powder can reduce the exothermic peak temperature of the epoxy resin curing reaction, reduce the linear expansion coefficient of the cured product and the shrinkage rate of the cured product, thereby eliminating internal stress and preventing cracking.
- Because of the micro-silica has a fine particle size and a reasonable distribution, it can effectively reduce and eliminate precipitation and stratification.
- The manufacture of offshore and chemical concrete, due to its high density, effectively prevents the penetration and erosion of sulfate and chloride ions on concrete, and avoids corrosion of concrete reinforcement, thereby prolonging the life of concrete;
- The microsilica is pure, the impurity content is low, and the physical and chemical properties are stable, so that the cured product has good insulation performance and arc resistance.
- The micro silica, chemical composition SiO2 is an inert substance, does not react with most acids and alkalis. Silica fume is evenly distributed and covers the surface of the object. It has strong corrosion resistance and is resistant to air. The erosion capacity is increased by 3-16 times.
- Microsilica has a low bulk density: one between 0.2 and 0.8; one between 1.0 and 2.2. As a polymer filling material, it has less load than other mineral fillers and has a small loading weight and saves polymer dosage, thereby reducing product cost.
- Micro silica frost resistance: micro-silica powder undergoes 300-500 rapid freezing cycles, the relative elastic modulus is 10-20% lower, while ordinary concrete passes 25-50 cycles. And the relative elastic modulus is low 30-37%. So the frost resistance of concrete can be improved.
- Micro silica concrete shortens the induction period and has early strength characteristics.
- The micro silica not only needs the above mentioned basic indexes, but also has very strict requirements for its wear resistance and erosion resistance in the water conservancy, highway and bridge engineering projects. So it is necessary to incorporate micro silica in the concrete.
- Micro silica powder has strong activity and water-reducing properties. It is suitable for admixtures of early strength and high strength concrete required for rapid construction; Admixture of high strength shotcrete is used for supporting during construction of tunnels, subways and large foundation pit structures as well as in underwater construction projects(like piers, dams and rigs etc.)
Anyang Huatuo Metallurgy Co.,LTD, professional micro silica supply, own professional silicon metal production line and complete facilities. Welcome to browse our website: www.sialloy.com to choose the ferroalloy products you need. Or telephone us or send email to our mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org